Sunday, January 13, 2019

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great. Matthew 5∶12


What rewards does our Father have in store for us when we come out victorious on the last day? We talk about the end times and Jesus’ second coming yet there are moments when it feels like He isn’t coming back any sooner. And so we go astray, trying to taste what the world can offer since Jesus is “taking too long”. But take heed lest we lose our faith and become like five foolish virgins, unprepared when Jesus comes.

If we read the Bible as a whole, we see that the time frame between the promises of God and its fulfillment have a huge gap. Even the first coming of Jesus the Messiah took a long time. As Peter says in his 2nd book chapter 3 verse 9, The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Therefore, we should not be weary in doing good, for we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6∶9)

Friends, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (Romans 8)

To encourage you to press on and keep the faith, here are some of the rewards that await us in Heaven:

1. A new name.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. (Revelation 217)

It would be awesome to have a new name given by God! I wonder what mine is going to be.  

2. Crown of glory.

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. (1 Peter 54)

Come to think of it, I have never worn a real crown before. I guess my first time will be in Heaven. 

3. Immortal body.

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. (1 Corinthians 15:51-53)

To have an immortal body here on this earth filled with pain isn't very attractive to me. But to think I will have an imperishable body in Heaven fills me with joy because I get to spend eternity with Jesus! 

4. Healing. 

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. (Isaiah 35:5-6)

I have always longed for a straight spine. I wonder how it would feel like when Jesus heals me someday.  

5. A seat with Jesus.

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21)

I am excited to sit and talk with the saints and with Jesus. 

6. A Home.

They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands. They will not labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the LORD, they and their descendants with them. Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the LORD. (Isaiah 65᠄21-25)

I think a common misconception about our time in Heaven is that we'll spend our time it flying around and singing. But this verse tells us that God will give us a home and a place to work on all the while enjoying peace and joy.

7. See Jesus.

They will see his face and his name will be on their foreheads. (Revelation 22:4)

Even if I don't get to have all the other rewards, just to see Jesus my Savior is more than enough for me. My greatest goal is to see Jesus face to face.

There are some rewards I may have not mentioned here, read your Bible to find out. Behold Jesus is coming and His reward is with Him; to which we pray, "Come Lord Jesus". What do you look forward most in Heaven?

Want to Share?

Tweet Share

2 comments

Thank you for sharing this inspiring post!

REPLY

Hearts Not Troubled . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates