Monday, April 8, 2019


I love to spend my afternoons sitting at the porch; looking up to the blue sky, feeling the wind on my face and the grass upon my feet. Blooming flowers captivate my eyes and the sway of the sturdy trees gives me peace. The sound of birds singing makes me smile. As my dogs run around and play, I sense deep gratitude for God’s creation. These are pieces of evidence of God’s beauty and most of all, of His love

He could have created the world dull by making everything of the same color, but He filled nature with wonderful hues. He wanted us to see a glimpse of His majesty and splendor.

Whenever I spend time out in nature, I am reminded of God’s faithfulness in providing. He clothes the flowers, feeds the birds, provides sunshine for the trees, makes the wind blow for coolness, etc. He created each insect for a purpose and cares for them. If God can take care of animals and plants how much more of me, oh how little is my faith! (Matthew 6:26-34)

There are about 391,000 plant species in the world. And there are approximately 1.2 million known species of animals, but scientists estimate there are closer to 8.7 million species on earth. Scientists have only documented 14% of living species.

By having quality time in nature, I become much more aware of God’s beauty in creating variety. There is no need to compare. Each plant thrives on its own and blooms where it is planted. It trusts the purpose God has bestowed upon it. Reminds me of the song from Jewel, entitled What You Are.

The trees bear fruit in its season. It doesn’t always bear good fruit. For me, the fruits represent the consequences of our actions and the fruits of our faith. (fruits of the spirit) In Psalm 1:1-3 we are likened to a tree,

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.

We blossom like a flower and then wither. (Job 14:2) What is our life but a breath here on earth? God is in control. He is our Father! Why not spread out your wings and fly for His cause? Why not give your heart out to serve people in the name of Jesus? Time is gold because I don’t have forever to do God’s work. This present moment is what I got.

Observing nature has taught me a valuable lesson about patience. Plants don’t grow in a second just like we don’t grow right away. Christian maturity is a process that we go through day by day.

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Matthew 5:45) Whatever weather (challenges) may come, as long as our roots are founded in Christ so will we grow in His knowledge and grace, and we will continue to do so until the end of time.

I hope we never take for granted, the opportunities we have every day to learn from nature.

I hope we take time to stop and stare at the blue sky or the twinkling stars, always in awe of God’s wonder.

I hope that when we see a breathtaking sunset; we bow our hearts in worship to God.

I hope that whenever we see a flower bloom; we whisper a prayer of gratitude to the Creator.

In a digital world, I hope you never lose sight of the precious gifts God has given us through nature.

Want to Share?

Tweet Share

4 comments

When I see a beautiful landscape, like snowcapped mountains, field of flowers, wide open field with trees and sun setting in the background..if those are breathtaking I think of oh how beautiful Heaven must be!! You are so right in that we can see His fingerprints all over nature!

REPLY

Indeed God is so amazing! who can fathom His creation? On this busy days, sometimes we take nature for granted, we don't care the phenomena of the physical world and we even contribute to destroy it because it's not our concern... little by little it hit us!
This is a must read article to remind us that God gave us this beautiful world because He loved us.

REPLY

This is so refreshing for a homeschooling Mom who would like to study nature! :) Thank you for this!

REPLY

Glad to hear that Mrs. Sadorra! You're welcome ☺️

REPLY

Hearts Not Troubled . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates