Saturday, March 16, 2019


Colds and a painful throat. 

I splashed water over my suffering as I took a shower. My stomach churned and hurt but distractions came by praying and letting my thoughts tumble until I forget the pain, lost in a daydream.

The commute to church was a challenging moment yet an opportunity to exercise my faith. I got nauseous, but I kept asking God to sustain me until I arrived at my destination. I had a part at the Divine Worship Service, which was Scripture reading. The notion of not coming was tempting, but I knew I could still do my duty if I persist.


When in agony, whether emotional or physical, I pullback because I am unacquainted with endurance. I’d rush to a safe place; I gave up right away.

I saw the value in pressing through the pain. There are times we are required to show up in spite of the discomfort. We need to depend on our Father to take care of our health, believing that we can survive and be tougher than whatever is waging war inside our bodies. 

It sums up to a matter of faith in Jesus. Time and time again, I have proven He never fails. My repeated declarations of “God I trust You,” ever produce fruit of His amazing fidelity. That’s the beauty of showing up: experiencing God’s power and faithfulness. He is greater than everything we encounter.

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 2 Peter 1:5-7

Want to Share?

Tweet Share

2 comments

I needed this post today. I've just stared a new job and have that sick feeling most days. Its a great reminder to just show up and the rest will work itself out, if its meant to be, it will be. Just need to have a little faith!

REPLY

I'm glad it encouraged you!

REPLY

Hearts Not Troubled . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates